Montana State Library Equipment Reservation
To be sure that the items you need are available for the dates you will need them, please check the Equipment Calendar.
Terms of using equipment - Accessory lists
(Click an item to expand it's topic)
Handling, storage and transport terms
The MSL staff will verify equipment prior to deployment and will inventory equipment upon return. Bags and/or cases are provided and
should be used for storage and transport.
- Equipment should be stored in a secure location when not in use. Tablet cases should be padlocked.
- Equipment is tagged – return equipment to appropriate bags/cases.
- Equipment should not be stored in vehicles.
- Equipment should be allowed to come to room temperature before they are turned on.
- Use power cords with laptops rather than relying on batteries.
- The user is responsible for returning all equipment to the Montana State Library in the same condition that it was received.
- Laptop labs are equipped with DeepFreeze – which erases all content, even saved content, when the labs are shut down or lids are closed. All work must be
saved to an EXTERNAL storage device when using the laptop labs. The laptops have a thawed space (E drive) where users can save their files temporarily.
This drive is cleared on a regular basis.
- Be mindful that tablet devices will retain personal and login information quite readily. This information is not easily cleared from the tablets. Users
should be cautioned not to use social media or personal logins with these labs.
Wireless laptop training lab accessories
Each lab has 12 computers. However, laptops can be requested in increments of 4. Accessories that are automatically included with the lab include:
- Computer mice (12)
- Power supplies (12)
- Mouse Pads
- Power strips
- Extension cords
Tablet lab accessories
Tablet labs can include either 10 Apple iPad 2's or 10 Google Nexus, as well as the following accessories:
- 10 power cords per lab
- 1 power strip with USB ports
A maximum of 5 projectors can be requested. Each one will include the following accessories:
- Projector - Manual
- Projector - Power cord
- Projector - Remote control
- Projector – VGA connection cable
Additional available equipment that can be requested includes:
- Projector Pico low-lumen (1)
- Bluetooth speaker (4)
- Bluetooth speaker-mic set (1)